On the obverse, in the upper half, an ancient chariot pulled by three horses, driving on a triumphal arch composed of four rays. A Goddess of Victory sits on the chariot holding a laurel crown. In the bottom half, in front of a picture, an illustration of winter sports equipment with some examples. Around, there is the inscription "GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN".
On the reverse, which is deliberately simple, the Olympic rings and the inscription "IV OLYMPISCHE WINTERSPIELE 1936".